Pho - Vietnamese Soup

Pho - Vietnamese Soup
One of our favorite dishes - Pho

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mom/Mamaw's Vegetable Soup
















We've enjoyed this recipe for so many years. This is one of my favorite soups that my Mom lovingly prepared for us while I was growing up. It's super easy and very nutritious. I enjoy serving this with a good, crusty bread and salad. Last night we served this with Sherri's Summer Salad (recipe to follow) and I roasted some chicken breast that was basted with Italian salad dressing. That may be my kid's favorite way I prepare chicken and again, it's super easy.

Above are pictures from my Mom's 82nd Birthday last Month. We love and appreciate you, Mom...More than you know! :-)

Vegetable Soup

3 - 16 oz cans diced tomatoes or homemade stewed tomatoes
6 cups water
1 large white onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp herbs de Provence
2 - 10 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
3 - 4 med potatoes, peeled and diced
2 -3 bouillon cubes

Empty tomatoes into large pot. Add water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Bring to full boil. Add bouillon cubes, mixed veggies and potatoes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until potatoes are tender and soup is tasty, about 1 hour. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.

10 - 12 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment