Pho - Vietnamese Soup

Pho - Vietnamese Soup
One of our favorite dishes - Pho

Friday, August 26, 2011

Sara's Green Beans with Butter and Dill


I've always been a big fan of green beans, but I especially love the way my Mother-In-Law, Sara prepared her green beans for one of her fabulous Thanksgiving feasts.  I now always prepare my green beans this way, because not only is it a hit with the entire family, it's so fresh tasting and super easy to make.  Perfect accompaniment to a roasted chicken or turkey.


1 lb green beans
1 TBSP butter
1 TBSP fresh dill weed or 1 - 2 tsp dried 


Wash beans; clean up the beans by snipping the ends.  Leave beans whole or cut into 1-inch pieces.  Place steamer basket in 1/2 inch water (water should not touch the bottom of basket).  Place beans in basket.  Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat.  Steam 10 - 12 minutes or until crisp tender.  Toss the hot beans in butter and dill weed.



No comments:

Post a Comment