Pho - Vietnamese Soup

Pho - Vietnamese Soup
One of our favorite dishes - Pho

Sunday, January 13, 2013

To a Happy New Year
















Well, the holidays have come and gone and now comes the time in our lives when we make all of those wonderful New Year's Resolutions.  One of my New Year's Resolutions this year is to get back to my blog and share newly discovered recipes as well as old family classics.  David and I are as passionate about food as we ever have been and we look forward to stepping out of our comfort zone again and trying some creatively new and amazingly tasty dishes. 

In the meantime here's a brief background on what's been going on in the McQuaid household the last year...

Because we're complete gluttons for punishment, we adopted two lab puppies, Ryder and Layla, about a year ago. I've mostly been occupying my time with them and have not been very adventurous in the kitchen and therefore I haven't been blogging much at all.  Although, we're still cooking all the time, we've mostly been cooking up our family favorite comfort foods, like pho, roasted Cornish hens, cowboy steaks, homemade sushi, boiled crawfish, crab, or lobster, etc...  

As far as our kids go, Avery's loving life in college at CU Boulder and is thriving there...who wouldn't in such a cool town?  Cassidy continues college at Brookhaven and has admirably been working two jobs and saving money with the hopes of moving out on her own soon.  Dylan still enjoys playing  guitar and has been playing hockey for several months now, and it's amazing how quickly he's picked up the sport.  I respect how committed he is to always wanting to learn more.  With our nest quickly emptying, it's absolutely all the more reason to be celebrating life, family and friends.  What better way to do just that than with lovingly prepared food that we can all enjoy together.  

David and I cherish our date nights (or lunches) together where we will dine at Bolsa, Tei Tei, Javier's, Dalat, Ziziki's, Aw Shucks, Angry Dog or Herrera's to name a few favorites...there's definitely no shortage of incredible restaurants in Dallas.  Along with fabulous food, David and I will never tire of seeing live music, especially with the music scene in Dallas being so vibrant and diverse, so many great venues and so many great local bands.  

We're about to celebrate my beautiful Mom's 85th Birthday...she is truly an amazing lady.  She's still going strong, working out at Curves most everyday, she's always making us laugh and has the biggest heart of anyone I've ever known.  I want to be just like my Mom when I grow up.  :-)  In December David's parent's, Tom and Sara celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with close family and friends traveling from as far as France and all over the US.  What an inspiration Tom and Sara are to us all.  The McQuaid's are such a special, tight-knit family because of the two of them and the love they represent.

As of November I landed a fabulous job with a fantastic team and I've met some really interesting people that will be my lifelong friends.  I'm so appreciative for this unique opportunity and to be a part of the revitalization of Downtown Dallas.  What an exciting time it is for our great city.  

Unfortunately with life there comes the heartaches as well.  I have to mention that this time last year we lost our beloved golden retriever, Bailey. What a beautiful friend and family member she was to us all and will be greatly missed...she will remain in our hearts forever.  RIP sweet, old, Bailey Boo!!

Words cannot express how proud I am of our family and all that everyone has accomplished!!  I love you all so much!!  Here's to a very Happy 2013!! xoxo

LIFE IS DELICIOUS!!  ~<3~

No comments:

Post a Comment