Pho - Vietnamese Soup

Pho - Vietnamese Soup
One of our favorite dishes - Pho

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pan Roasted Brussel Sprouts



I saw this on Paula Deen's website and I had to try this recipe.  Since I had brussel sprouts at my favorite restaurant Bolsa I've been obsessed with them and am always searching for new ways of preparing them.  I made these last night and as my family still are not fans, I thought this was a good recipe...not the healthiest, but it's worthy of trying if you're a brussel sprout fan. 




1/2 pound lean bacon, finely diced
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups chicken broth
4 tablespoons butter

In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.

Saute the brussels sprouts and stir them around so that they are coated with the bacon fat and pan roast until they're a golden color.  Add 
the onion and garlic and cook over low heat until soft, about 3 minutes.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Add the broth and cook, covered, over low heat until the sprouts are easily pierced with a fork, about 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the butter and transfer the sprouts to a serving dish. Garnish with bacon bits and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment